Navigation Page

Saturday 29 November 2014

Tea Of Love - CSI Case File No.148

Hi there....
this week CSI (Color Stories Inspiration) has a new file No. 148. To be honest, I love all the case file they have, but somehow this week is my favourite...!!! Here's the moodboard....
Here's my layout...
The Color Scheme: Grayish Green, Light Lemony Yellow, Light Coral, White and Celadon Green.
The Evidence: Teacup Accent, Flowers, Birds, Watercolor, Tag, Staples, String and Pen Work.
The Testimony: I wrote my journaling as a recipe, here's the close up look....
So, straight away when I saw the case file, I remembered that one time I've watched a video in Youtube made by Vicky Papaioannou (here's the video) about stacking cups as well and I thought I would love to do it similar. But in the beginning, I was struggling with what photos would made my layout perfect. Somehow, my sister (Linda), she sent me some photos of my baby (well, she's no longer baby anymore but still, I like calling her my baby) last September, and I thought the picture of her together with her cousins would make this layout looked great. I cut all the pictures and pretended that they're little mouse, fighting for some "love".
I was looking at the recipe quote and found this recipe which I thought as well would be perfect for the journal. I added a few ingredients myself, you could see the ingredients on the picture above (on every small tags hanging on the cups).
If you don't know what paper to use, then I suggested that you try with white paper. That always work best for me. So like always, I prepared my background with some gesso and Dylusions Ink Spray - Squeezed Orange and Black Marble. I added some masking... so my page didn't look so empty. I started to draw 4 cups in different kind of pattern papers, cut them and colored them with Caran d'Ache watercolor pencil (it's one of my treasure).
I distressed the edges with Distress Ink-Tea Dye and used this as well to create a teacup accent around my page. For the chipboards, the easiest way and still the nice way, I always color them in black and put some Inka Gold from Viva Decor, and this time I used Old Gold. Comes out perfect, as always...
Hopefully, I gave you all the details you need... if not, just let me know and will gladly to help you out.
Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again...

Hugs,
Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment