Navigation Page

Monday 1 December 2014

Really Winter Wonderland

Dear friends....
I can't believe Christmas is coming!!! All the ornaments are up.. Christmas tree checked, candies and chocolates checked only a few presents to buy, and I am ready!! The last month of the year comes with a new challenge from 123 Challenge Blog. Check it out!
And here's my layout for that
The photo was taken last winter 2013. It was very cold, really snowing outside but still it was a great day for my daughther as she started to realized a lot. What a great time for my parents-in-law as well to be a grandparents. It wasn't easy to take a picture of her nowadays, but somehow, I managed to get this one perfectly... :)
I thought I made it simple this time. I colored all of my chipboard with black acrylic paint. And then rubbed some Inka Gold - Platinum and Magenta (as I thought the color Magenta was the closest color to match our challenge color Watermelon).  I tried to centre everything in the middle. Some layers and tucked journal tag behind the photo.
Last June, my sister Linda gave me some small glitter tree for accessories. To be honest I really hate glitter as I tend to mess my stuff up instead of making something good about them. But somehow I got the idea of cutting them in small pieces and added to the small gap that I still have in between the chipboards, photo and my background. I covered this glitter tree with Modge Podge to prevent the glitter fell of and ruining my layout. Last but not least, I used Shimmer Cosmic H2O - Ruby Red and splattered around the background to create more watermelon looked. 

Thank you for stopping by to leave a nice comment for me.
Hope to see you again and I hope you have the season feeling this whole month...

Hugs,

Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment