Navigation Page

Saturday 24 January 2015

Beauty - CSI Case File No.153

Dear all,
how are you doing? It's been a cold day here in Germany for these few days. It's even start to snow for days now. My little one get crazy with snow... she's very cute. :) Anyway, today I would like to share with you again another case from CSI (Color, Stories, Inspiration) with Case File No.153
And we're so pleased to have A2Z Scrapbooking as our January sponsor!
a2z Scrapbooking is proud to be a premier Hero Arts Retailer. Our Etsy store carries an extensive array of Hero Arts  products and we love special orders. Our company, which is run by volunteers, was founded in 2007 in an effort to raise funds or Celiac and Behcets awareness. Have a question or a special request? Please contact us! 
Be sure to check out the a2z Scrapbooking blog for lots of inspiration from their design team, who will be joining us as Guest Detectives this month!
a2z Scrapbooking is donating a gift certificate for each of our Case Files this month.
Here's my layout ...
The Color Scheme : Pale Coral/Peach, Orangey-Red, Pale Seafoam Green, Pale Yellow, Dusty Brown.
The Evidence : Border Punch, Drip Something, Texture Paste, Circles, Cake Accents, Sprinkle Something, Baker's Twine/String, Liquid Pearls.
The Testimony : I chose Presentation - Stack journaling Tags.
The tags said : "You can't eat beauty, it doesn't sustain you. What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion, for yourself and those around you. That kind of beauty enflames the heart and enchants the soul. -Lupita Nyong'o" 
I have used My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Things (Tangerine-Wonderful). I prepared my background with gesso and stamps from Finnabair - Honey Comb and Kaisercraft - Film Edges. Then I used our stencil - small circle all over the paper, behind the cake to make more texture. I stacked 3 layers of paper to make the cake. You could see it more on the top left photo.

The banners I made it myself from the Pinterest, the tutorial you could fine it here. I cut all the photos since I thought they fit better to the cake. But then, before I glued everything, I saw something wrong with the cake, it didn't look like one. So I decided to use gesso to create the icing on top of the cake, and before it dried, I sprinkled it with Martha Stewart - Fine Glitter to make  the icing more real. Once it dried, I sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang -  Cape Cod Coral, Clam Bake Beige to match the cake. All of our chipboards I colored black, rubbed Inka Gold - Apricot and finished with Glossy Accent. Once I'm happy with everything, I used Viva Decor Pearl Pen - White, all over the page and even on the cake. Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment