Navigation Page

Saturday 28 February 2015

Philippians 1:9 - CSI Case File No.156

Dear Scrappers,
how are you all today? I hope you have a fabulous day. Today word is,"The sign of a beautiful people is that they always see beauty in others." Hope you like it. :) And here's the new case file from CSI (Color, Stories, Inspiration) Case No. 156
We'd like to thank 2Crafty Chipboard for being our main sponsor this month.
2 Crafty strives to offer affordable and versatile laser cut chipboard products to the Australian and International craft market. 2Crafty’s products are manufactured here in Australia and offer products suitable for scrapbooking, cardmaking, altered art, invitations and mixed media, and with over 1000 designs, every area has been covered.
2Crafty’s owner Vanessa, stumbled on the demonstration of the laser cutter at one of the Sydney craft fairs back in 2006, and although her background was Human Resources and payroll, her creative mind could see unlimited possibilities, and so began her journey into the world of a craft wholesaler.
2Crafty designs are supported both locally and in the overseas market, and Vanessa strives to offer the highest level of customer support, and is happy to discuss personalized orders with customers via their local scrapbooking store.
2Crafty also offers a fabulous blog that is updated several times a week with projects created from its talented international Design Team.
The 2Crafty website, although a wholesale website, offers you a bird's eye view of all the wonderful designs that it offers. Make sure you check out the stockist list, and don’t be afraid to ask your local store to order products that they may not have in stock.Here is a sampling of the beautiful 2Crafty chipboard that one CSI player can win this month:
*   *   *   *   *   *
We've got another prize this month, donated by one of our dear CSI Detectives--a gift certificate for A Cherry on Top.
*   *   *   *   *   *
As always, we're grateful to have our generous permanent sponsor, Flying Unicorn...it’s about One of a Kind. ...it’s about One of a Kind. They offer an incredible selection of products for all paper crafting artists. Their Kit of the Month is filled with the latest and greatest and includes an off-the-page project to keep your creative muse flowing! Be sure to check out the Flying Unicorn forums, a hot and happening place which includes monthly challenges, tips, techniques and friendships that last! They also have a blog and a Facebook page where you can find loads of inspiration!
*   *   *   *   *   *
And we are so happy to have Scrapbook Fantasies as another permanent sponsor. Scrapbook Fantasies is donating a prize of beautiful embellishments each week to our Star Witness.  Scrapbook Fantasies is a Scrapbooking, Papercrafts and Mixed Media business opened in November 2002 in Gladstone, Queensland.  The well stocked store receives new stock daily, and supports a boutique style online store here.  The owner Alicia Redshaw runs Weekly Challenges and many other competitions giving away over $250 dollars in store vouchers every month.  The Gallery  hosts thousands of customer creations, and is available for viewing without login. Parcels are posted within Australia at a flat $6.50 or the actual postage rate (whichever is the lesser), or FREE for orders over $100.  International parcels are posted at the actual postage rate. 

Here's my layout..
The Color Scheme : Bright Colar, Yellow Green, Warm Gray, White and Tan.
The Evidence : Text Print, Leaves, Flowers, Stamps, Mix Media Background, Cursive Fonts and Triangles.
The Testimony: I used Prompt Idea - one little word I chose pray, and Inspiration Word : grow.
It said,"I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding."

This layout is a mix between my journal page 'Spring' and my mix media layout 'I Wish You Enough'. I started with a plain white background to create my own background. I did a lot of gesso for a start. Then I applied a good mount of crackle paint transparent from Viva Decor where I wanted for my ground to be. I sprayed my ground with a mix of Dylusions Ink Spray - Black Marble & Squeezed Orange and Ranger Ink - Wild Honey to create this brown tan look on my paper. Once dried, I stamped Kaisercraft - Triangles around the pages. I drawn some thin line for my sketch for making a tree branch. Then I used a hot glue gun to create a branch following the line I've already made.
While waiting for the branch to dry out, I stamped a lot of leaves, again I redrew the line to make more real and used my Caran Dache watercolor pencils to create a two tone colors of green and hand cut them. I did the same with the flowers. I painted the branch with Lumiere Acrylic Paint - Metallic Rust.
I cut my photo glued them on the centre of my layout, glued all the flowers and my leaves and voila! I finished it. Except then at last I have to write down the journal on top of my page. Hope you all like what I did, and thank you for stopping by to see what I've created.
Hugs, Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment